Web Directories For SEO
If you are looking for ways to promote your website, then web directories should definitely be considered a big part of your promotional plan. Web directories provide web visitors with a one-stop destination on the web to find the information they are looking for. Further, in using web directories, you can increase the visibility of your website and derive myriad benefits offered by web directories.
Let's take a look at the benefits that webmasters derive from web directories:
1. Some webmasters might wonder why they should bother to submït to web directories when 80% of all website traffïc comes from search engines. The answer is simple when you consider the following: what about the other 20%? When you are attempting to maximize the traffïc that comes to your website, every little bit of promotion helps and web directories can help you gain a big chuck of that 20% of web traffïc you have been missing out on.
2. Did you know that a key factor in the ranking algorithm of search engines is link popularity? By using web directories you will be creating more links that point directly to your site and the raising your ranking in various search engines across the Internet. Further, everyone knows that a higher search engine ranking is equivalent to easier accessibility and easier accessibility equals more traffïc for your website.
3. The first way to increase your link popularity is to include keywords in your hyperlinks. When you submït to web directories, the links you submït should not only lead to your site, but also should possess themed keywords within the links. The themed keywords will not only make your site easier to find, it will also increase the rating of your links in various search engines — again getting more, frëe web traffïc for you.
4. Links that are created within web directories are votes for a site, and they use your keywords within your hyperlinks to associate your link with certain key phrases. As such, the keywords you select are extremely important because they determine how often your links will be pulled up whenever a key phrase is associated with your created links. Therefore, it is a good idea to research the most popular keywords associated with your website theme before submïtting your website to various web directories: the most popular keywords can make all of the difference in the world.
5. If you are submïtting to various web directories, there are a few things that you need to consider. First, for a directory to be valuable, the pages you submït your listings to must, at minimum, be listed in various search engines. For instance, if you submït your links to a web directory that doesn’t appear in any search engines, chances are web visitors will not only have difficulty finding your website, but they will also have extreme difficulty finding the web directory you have listed your site in. In such cases, the listing in the web directory is a fruitless endeavor. Conversely, if you list your web site in several popular web directories and you utilize keywords in your hyperlink and a short website description, you greatly increase the visibility and accessibility of your website.
6. The second consideration you must keep in mind when submïtting to web directories is that when you are submïtting your hyperlinks, you will derive the most benefit from submïtting to directory pages that have a comparable theme to your website. For instance, if you have a website that is based on credït cards you will find that you get more web traffïc from a web directory page that focuses on credït cards. Thus, when searching for web directories, look for web directories with topics that parallel the central focus of your website.
7. Here's a quick tip for you that can help you derive the most benefit from listing your hyperlink in web directories: watch out for Google Adwords because these are a good indicator of how Google at least categorizes the page. In other words, if you mirror your hyperlinks and descriptions to appear much like those seen in Google ads, you will more than likely increase your search engine ranking as well as your listing in various web directories.
8. In order to be successfully listed in any web directory, you will need to conform to the terms and conditions of the directory. Typically, web directories list a series of specific listing regulatïons that you must adhere to and it would pay for you to adhere to them. In addition, to improve the chances of your listing being accepted you should try to avoid promotional language and you should choose a category that is as close to your website theme as possible.
9. Webmasters have much to look forward to in terms of web directory posting. In fact, the next generation of web directories are nöw appearing that allow business card type pages. Not only do webmasters get the opportunïty to post a short description of their website, but they are also afforded the opportunïty to display their logo and contact information as well. Such offerings prove to be particularly appealing because eye catching logos and easy contact information will make a Webmaster's website that much more appealing.
10. In the end, web directories are a valuable part of your web promotional program and should not be overlooked in terms of their value. Along with the use of search engines, and article databases, a Webmaster can be pleasantly surprised at the frëe advertising available on the Internet. Finally, the increase in web traffïc that webmasters reap can be truly astonishing indeed.
About The Author
Adrian Lawrence is the webmaster of Indexplex a leading web directory. Please feel frëe to republish this article provided this resource box remains together with a working hyperlink.
posted by Unknown @ 6:14 pm